Friday, April 13, 2007

Fake Nostalgia

Two days of college + Two exams. That is all!

This is unbelievable. All of a sudden, with no warning, we are done with college.

I'm pretty sure I'm expected to feel nostalgic, with fond remembrances of people and situations and place and lecturers...well, maybe not lecturers, but the rest?

No sentimentality? No slush? No tear-jerking farewells and goodbyes?

I've been trying to publish a post here for a long time now, but I just haven't managed to come up with anything decent. The problem is, out of the two classes per day, two days per week, 'x' weeks this semester, we have all managed to attend, maybe, a total of 20 classes. That doesn't leave us with enough 'fond memories' to write about. I've only been thrown out of class once, this semester. Not one dire warning of "You will fail this subject". Zero sports and games. Zero carroms and table tennis. No fooling around in college wasting time.

Well, probably the best semester of all time. Not coming to college does that to you I suppose.

Project work was a very enlightening experience. I now know I don't want to work in IT.
In case you are curious, all of us did manage to do legitimate projects. Under good companies.
We are a bunch of smart students, after all.

I'm completely out of things to write about.
Let the rambling begin.

. Wikipedia has a new entry on SNIST
. The famous clock tower is still as elusive as ever. (rumour has it that the first person to spot it will attain nirvana and complete attendance.)
. We have a three day fest this time. Sports-cum-Annual day-cum-Cult. fest. It is called sprishti or something. Something that starts with an 'S' anyway.
. Vox populi still exists. I'm shocked.
. We have a principal. Again, I'm shocked.
. No more classes. Whoa!
. College finally building a new basketball court. After 6 years of promising. (How do I know? Our seniors say their seniors told them) It should be ready for the 2014 batch.
. More construction. More Air-Conditioners. (Though, I have a feeling the A.C's are fake. Probably hollow, and made with papier-mache.) The canteen is finally not open-air. Juniors, let us celebrate this day.
. The football ground is still the same. Buses still struggle to park there.
. Football matches are still played on "neutral venues". Osmania grounds, to be precise.
. No more classes! (I know, I just love saying it!)
. Everyone talking about "Where do you see yourself 10 years from now". Us astoundingly humourous(in our eyes only!) bloggers keep talking about "prison", "on the streets", "off the streets", "in college", "dead".
. The famous SNIST movie is finally uploaded here. Scroll down a bit to find it. If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend a comfortable chair, a strong drink, a barf-bag and an empty
room.
. Dinner time is now.

4 comments:

Hijake said...

eddfest > sobfest

Anonymous said...

Hijakity > Stupidity!

razor said...

gg to college !!

Vizgoth said...

how many fests does our college have??

need to prepare an index for that